Sharing horror stories is a staple form of entertainment every Halloween. Who doesn’t enjoy a good scare every now and then? However, in this day and age of short attention spans and quick-to-the-punchline anecdotes, it’s hard to get people interested long enough in some truly terrifying tales. In that case, two-sentence horror stories can become one of your best tools to appall a friend in a quick double whammy.
Here are some spooky stories boiled down to their chilling core all made just for you.
Disclaimer: Some of the stories listed here may be too dark or morbid for certain readers. Caution is sincerely and legitimately advised before continuing.
- I didn’t think much when I saw I had two shadows going out in two different directions. I only realized the problem after I switched off the only light bulb in the room.
- My daughter would always kiss me before I went to bed.
That habit never broke no matter how deep we buried her.
- “It’s just the pipes,” my wife’s voice reassured me as I heard the creaking sound. I’ve been living alone since my wife passed away 13 years ago.
- My dad always told me to never play with food. I didn’t like disappointing him, but those kids always liked a game of tag.
- “Don’t worry, sir, I’ll find out what’s making that smell!” I told the homeowner as I got on my knees and wedged myself into the hole. However, just as I saw a very familiar-looking uniform and the gray of rotting flesh, I heard the floorboards above me being hammered back into place.
- I quickly pulled out what I thought was a frayed string from the cut on my leg. Turns out it was a nerve.
- The note said, “I hate u mom, I’m running away from home forever.”
It only took me a couple of tries to get the girl’s handwriting right.
- As I huddled in the darkness, two beady eyes peered directly at me from above. “No survivors down here,” the rescue searcher said with a faint smile.
- I prayed all night to get 7s on all my subjects. My dream came true, but I wished I prayed to pass EE too.
- They say a shiver runs down your spine whenever someone steps on a place of bad luck. My spine would shiver with every step my classmates took as I crammed for my exam.
- My heart ached whenever our lips touched. It seemed like the CPR wasn’t working.
- Police and volunteers went to the forest to search for the poor kid’s body. One by one, the body found them first.
- I sincerely hope you had a spooky time reading through everything.
It doesn’t really matter in the end, it’s just a fun distraction while I sneak up on you.
Article by Ikaia A. (Grade 11); Feature image by Karen Y. (Grade 9)
The views expressed in this article represent the personal views of the author and should not be taken to represent the views of Dragon’s Print and Cebu International School.